A slip and fall accident or trip and fall injury can happen anytime, anywhere. If you’ve fallen and suffered from soft tissue damage, broken bones, brain trauma, or other serious injuries, come to the slip and fall attorneys in San Diego at the Disability Help Center. We’ll fight aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve for lost income, medical bills, and other damages caused by your injuries.
Our team has an extensive history with complex wrongful death and personal injury cases and we’re available 24/7. Call us today at 1-888-418-8860 to schedule a free case evaluation.
Recovering Damages in Slip and Fall Cases in San Diego
Compensation for losses depends on the facts of your slip and fall injury. Our legal team will review any invoices from accident-related expenses, medical records, and any slip and fall incident report that may be available in order to determine what types of damages you might be able to collect for. California law allows personal injury claimants to seek compensation for the following:
- Economic Damages – economic damages are the expenses you have been subject to or may be subject to in the future due to your accident. These may include lost income or earning capacity and past and future healthcare costs.
- Non-Economic Damages – non-economic damages include disfigurement, disability, loss of consortium or enjoyment, and pain and suffering.
- Punitive Damages – Also known as exemplary damages, punitive damages are compensation aimed to punish the defendant for oppressive, fraudulent, or malicious behavior.
The amount you can obtain for your losses depends on many factors, including your injuries effect on your relationships, how much work you’ve missed and whether you’ll be able to return, and the severity of your injuries. Talk to a slip and fall lawyer at the Disability Help Center in San Diego to calculate your damages and make sure you aren’t missing any important losses.
Strengthening Your Claim for a Slip and Fall at Work or on Private Property
After a fall, there are several steps you should take in the following hours and days in order to strengthen your claim. These include:
- Taking detailed notes about the events that led to your accident. Include where you fell, what the weather and lighting conditions were, whether the ground was wet, etc.
- Shooting time-stamped photographs of the scene before the liable party has time to fix any hazards that led to your fall.
- Reporting the accident and get a copy of the incident report from the property manager or owner.
- Safely putting away your clothes and shoes from the time of the accident, just in case the property owner tries to claim that your footwear helped to cause your fall.
- Collecting witnesses’ contact information.
- Contacting a slip and fall personal injury attorney in California to discuss filing a claim.
Hiring a San Diego Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, the legal team at the Disability Help Center in San Diego can help provide guidance. With decades of combined experience in litigating and tackling complex cases and settlement negotiations, we have the necessary skills to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 1-888-418-8860 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation with a California slip and fall attorney.